As the custodian of the national maritime collection of Quebec, the Museum possesses more than 15, 000 artefacts, photos and old documents related to all kinds of maritime events.Some of the most precious collections include:
- Collection of objects having belonged to Captain Joseph-Elzéar Bernier and original photographs of many of his journeys
- Artefacts from the Empress of Ireland
- Collection of small traditional watercraft
- Scale models of ships
- Navigation instruments
- Lighthouse lenses and navigation aids
- Furnishings from ships
- Instruments to work underwater
The Museum is also the custodian of the sailing ship J.E. Bernier II and has two ship museums that can be visited from engine room to wheelhouse (hydrofoil Bras d’Or 400 and the icebreaker Ernest Lapointe).
If you want to submit objects to the Museum, we invite you to download the following form, Bordereau_proposition_don, to fill it out and send it by email at email@example.com or by mail.